We understand that the transition from primary to secondary education can be both an exciting and a challenging process for both students and parents.
Our transition arrangements are carefully planned to ensure that students are ready for a successful and enjoyable Year 7. If you have any questions regarding transition, at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to ask. Staff are always available to answer questions at the various events or you can email the school at any time.
The Garibaldi School is increasingly popular and has become the school of first choice for students from a wide range of primary schools including our feeder primary schools as well as out-of-catchment schools.
During the course of the academic year, transition events for students in Years 4, 5 and 6 attending one of our feeder primary schools, are arranged.
- Autumn Term Year 4
- Students are invited for a half day ‘taster session’ at The Garibaldi School.
- Autumn Term Year 5 and 6
- Students and parents are invited to an open evening to look around The Garibaldi School and meet members of staff in all the teaching departments.
- Autumn Term Year 6
- Deadline for Year 6 applications 31 October.
- Spring Term Year 6
- Data will be collected from the primary feeder schools to help arrange admissions.
- Summer Term Year 6
- The Assistant Head of School, a member of the SWAT Team and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator will visit primary schools to talk to students and staff. Parents and students are invited to a Meet the Mentor evening. This is an opportunity for parents and students to receive further information on The Garibaldi School. Year 6 students will visit The Garibaldi School on two consecutive dates with their classmates for ‘Taster Days’ to allow them to familiarise themselves with the school. Students with Special Educational Needs may well have additional visits.
How to apply
Applying for your place at The Garibaldi School couldn’t be easier. All applications should be made through the standard Local Authority process and places will be allocated in the spring of Year 6.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your child to The Garibaldi School.