Welcome to Year 7
- Half term 1 homework schedule Thursday 7th September 2017 to Thursday 19th October 2017
- Half term 2 homework schedule Monday 30th October 2017 to Friday 22nd December 2017
- Half term 3 homework schedule Monday 8th January 2018 to Friday 16th February 2018
- Half term 4 homework schedule Monday 26 February 2018 to Thursday 29th March 2018
- Half term 5 homework schedule Monday 16th April 2018 to Friday 25th May 2018
- Half term 6 homework schedule Monday 4th June to Friday 20th July 2018
KS3 Reading list 2018
Are you experiencing difficulties in school?
Would you like to speak to someone a similar age to you?
If you answer YES to these questions, Peer Mentoring is for you.
Every Wednesday lunchtime (you can bring your lunch with you).
Rooms 21 & 22 (Miss Garforth & Miss Reinspach’s rooms)
For support, guidance or advice about any difficulties you are experiencing in school.
See Miss Garforth at break or lunch
'young writers' competition - ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
At the end of the Autumn term, the year 7 cohort entered a national writing competition. Their challenge was to write a short story in just 100 words as inspired by a sentence of their choice. The theme was ‘Stranger Sagas’ and students were encouraged to be creative and original. Successful entries will be published in a book and there is a chance to win monetary prizes for individuals and schools for the best ones.
Each and every student stepped up to the challenge and produced a weird and wonderful story; all of which, have been submitted to the organisers – ‘Young Writers’. The publishers have read all entries and have now chosen some from The Garibaldi School to include in this region’s edition. ‘Young Writers’ have sent a letter direct to those students who have been successful. They need to have permission confirmed before any versions can be used in their publication. This needs to be returned directly to them or online using your login by Friday 9th March. If you have any questions about or the deadline has passed and students would still like to be considered for publication, please contact Miss Richards or Miss Johnson in the English Department.
We would like to say a big thank you and well done to all students who have participated. We’re sure they made the publishers’ final decision very difficult.
Remember, creativity is contagious! Keep writing!
KS3 Enrichment and Homework Club
Every Tuesday from 31st October 2017 there will be an Enrichment and Homework Club for KS3 in the LRC.
The club will run from 3-4pm every Tuesday. Students can get help with homework, complete ICT challenges, play games with friends or take some time out to read a book.
- Letter to Parents Public Health England
- Uniform Expectations 2018-19
- Arrangements for end of term and start of September 2018
- Letter to Parents - Sports Day at EIS 2018
- Year 7 Progress Check 3 Assessment Letter
- Letter to Parents GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
- School Privacy Notice
- Letter to current Year 7 to 10 Parents - School Uniform from September 2018
- Activity Day – Tuesday 24th July 2018 – Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and Year 12
- Non-Uniform Day Friday 23rd March 2018
- Sport Relief 2018
- Year 7 Parents' Evening Letter
- School Closure due to weather 28/02/18
- Letter to Parents - Performance and Uniform
- Christmas and New Year arrangements 2017-2018
- Non-Uniform Day
- Year 7 Meet the Mentor
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Letter No. 2
- Additional Inset Day November 2017
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Student Photographs
- Year 7-10 London Trips July 2018
- 4/9/18 Inset Day
- 5/9/18 Inset Day
- 6/9/18 First Day of Term
- 27/9/18 Year 5 & 6 Open Evening
- 8/10/18 Year 7 Mentor Parents' Evening
- 26/10/18 Inset Day
- 15/11/18 Year 4 transition event
Year 7 News
- No recent news stories.