Welcome to Year 7
Year 7 & 8 Homework and challenge club
Year 7 & 8 Homework and Challenge Club every Thursday lunchtime in room 20 with Miss Johnson and Miss Richards.
humanities club (all years) 2018-2019
The Humanities Department will be running a Humanities Club on Thursdays 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm; this will be available to all year groups in the LRC and the first session will be Thursday 20th September 2018.
Students will have the opportunity to come and do their FLIP learning homework as well as for the GCSE students to receive support with revision or catch up work.
maths Homework club
Maths Homework Club for Year 7 and 8 every Wednesday after school in room 14.
- Half term 1 homework schedule - 17th September 2018 to 25th October 2018
- Half term 2 homework schedule - 5th November 2018 to 21st December 2018
- Half Term 3 homework schedule - 7th January 2019 - 15th February 2019
- Half term 4 homework schedule - 25th February 2019 - 5th April 2019
- Half term 5 homework schedule
- Half term 6 homework schedule
KS3 Reading list 2018
Are you experiencing difficulties in school?
Would you like to speak to someone a similar age to you?
If you answer YES to these questions, Peer Mentoring is for you.
Every Wednesday lunchtime (you can bring your lunch with you).
Rooms 21 & 22 (Miss Garforth & Miss Reinspach’s rooms)
For support, guidance or advice about any difficulties you are experiencing in school.
See Miss Garforth at break or lunch
'young writers' competition - ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
At the end of the Autumn term, the year 7 cohort entered a national writing competition. Their challenge was to write a short story in just 100 words as inspired by a sentence of their choice. The theme was ‘Stranger Sagas’ and students were encouraged to be creative and original. Successful entries will be published in a book and there is a chance to win monetary prizes for individuals and schools for the best ones.
Each and every student stepped up to the challenge and produced a weird and wonderful story; all of which, have been submitted to the organisers – ‘Young Writers’. The publishers have read all entries and have now chosen some from The Garibaldi School to include in this region’s edition. ‘Young Writers’ have sent a letter direct to those students who have been successful.
We would like to say a big thank you and well done to all students who have participated. We’re sure they made the publishers’ final decision very difficult.
Remember, creativity is contagious! Keep writing!
- Year 7 Parents' Evening Letter
- Uniform Letter December 2018
- End of Term Arrangements
- Non-Uniform Day - Children in Need
- Outdoor Coat Letter Oct 2018
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Order Letter
- Non-Uniform Day supporting 'Rethink Mental Health'
- Expectations for Attendance
- Year 7 Mentor Parents' Evening
- Year 7 8 & 9 Individual Photographs
- Energy Drinks
- Letter to Parents Public Health England
- Uniform Expectations 2018-19
- Arrangements for end of term and start of September 2018
- Letter to Parents - Sports Day at EIS 2018
- Year 7 Progress Check 3 Assessment Letter
- Letter to Parents GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations)
- School Privacy Notice
- Letter to current Year 7 to 10 Parents - School Uniform from September 2018
- Activity Day – Tuesday 24th July 2018 – Year 7, 8, 9, 10 and Year 12
- Non-Uniform Day Friday 23rd March 2018
- Sport Relief 2018
- Year 7 Parents' Evening Letter
- School Closure due to weather 28/02/18
- Letter to Parents - Performance and Uniform
- Christmas and New Year arrangements 2017-2018
- Non-Uniform Day
- Year 7 Meet the Mentor
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Photograph Letter No. 2
- Additional Inset Day November 2017
- Year 7, 8 & 9 Student Photographs
- Year 7-10 London Trips July 2018
- 5/3/19 Year 7 Parents' Evening
Year 7 News
- No recent news stories.